This recipe was an absolute hit with our two kids (age 4 and 2), so easy to do and cheap too.
INGREDIENTS (for the base)
- 1 can of lentils (in spring water)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1tsp garlic
- I used 1Tbsp of Pepper & Me Tandoori paste but you could replace with a tablespoon of tomato paste and spice mixture (cumin, turmeric, coriander powder) - approx a 1/2 tsp of each.
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 cup of cauliflower
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- handful of baby spinach
I actually doubled this recipe so that I could store some in the freezer. Andy and I also added a but of chilli to ours.
- Heat oil in a dish (we used a ceramic one with a lid). Finely chop onions and add to the oil. Cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and spice mix or paste. Cook for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Add lentils and crushed tomatoes and stir through. Add some pasatta/crushed tomatoes if you think it needs more liquid
- Use a whiz to blend up any extra vege and add this to the lentil mix. Stir through and pop the lid on for about 25mins on a low - medium heat. Check every now and again to make sure not catching on the bottom.
- Check your veges are cooked through and add one can of coconut cream. stir through. Just before serving mix a couple of handfuls of spinach in
- Serve with brown rice and garnish with a dollop of natural yoghurt and cucumber.