These are so yummy and super easy to make once you get the hang of them. We often make these as a side dish alongside roast chicken and salad.
1 Cup Instant Polenta (usually can find in the international section)
4 Cups of Bone Broth/Stock or water
Handful of finely grated parmesan Cheese
Optional: Chopped thyme/rosemary
1. Use a large saucepan and bring your stock/broth/water to the boil
2. Add herbs at this point if using
3. Once simmering, turn down to a LOW heat. (This is important so that the polenta doesn't spit up at you.)
4. While continually whisking with one hand, slowly pour the polenta in with the other to ensure no lumps.
5. Keep whisking until the polenta starts to thicken. This usually takes 2-3 minutes. You will know it is thick enough if it is sticking to the whisk.
6. Add you cheese and whisk through
7. Prepare an oven dish lined with baking paper or I like to use one of our reusable silicone placemats. The oven tray will be approx 32 x 34 cm
8. Pour polenta mixture into prepared oven tray and smooth out using a spatula
9. Place in the fridge to set for about 2hrs or until firm to the touch.
10. Preheat oven to 220 C
11. Once polenta is set, cut into chips about 2cm width. (if using our placemats, do not cut directly onto these.)
12. Drizzle with oil and season with salt & Pepper
13. Place into the oven for about 50 mins or until slightly browned. Turn chips once they have been in for 30mins.
14. Enjoy with Aioli or yoghurt dip