Lentil Shepard's Pie:
3 Large Kumara (for top of the pie)
2 x Onion
2 X Carrots
2 x Cans of lentils
Herbs (thyme, rosemary..)
2 X chopped Tomato
1/3 Cup of Water
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
Crumble in a cube of stock
Optional: spinach leaves
*I personally don't add salt but feel free to do this
**For extra Vege you could add in a Petite Eats pouch to the mixture!
Prep Kumara; peel and chop into piece, boil until soft. Once cooked, add a knob of butter, mash and set aside.
While the kumara is cooking;
- Finely chop onions and carrots and sauté in a large pan with a bit of oil for about 5-6mins until soft.
- Add tomato paste and chopped herbs, cook for a further 3 mins
- Add lentils, tomatoes, water, crumbled stock and simmer for 15mins until carrots are nice and soft and it has reduced.
- Add spinach leaves
- Put into a large oven dish
- Layer Kumara Mash on top
- Sprinkle Cheese and Grill in the oven for 8mins or until the cheese is melted.
This is a fab meal to have portioned in the freezer.