Apple & Beetroot Pikelets
This recipe has been developed by our lovely nutritionist Charlotte Chapman from My Foodie Family. It is simple, quick and delicious. Perfect for a snack on the go and for daycare lunchboxes.
1cup Plain white flour (or try with ½ cup white, ½ cup wholemeal flour)
1tsp Baking powder
1 Egg, lightly beaten
150g Petite Eats Beetroot and Apple pouch
1/3cup Milk (breast milk, formula or cows milk)
- Combine and mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Make a well and add combined egg, Petite Eats Beetroot and Apple pouch and milk.
- Mix well to make a smooth but thick mixture. Add a few tablespoons more milk if it seems too thick.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium heat and spray with oil or rub with some butter
- Use a tablespoon measure to distribute evenly sized rounds in the pan
- Allow to cook until bubbles form on pikelet and flip (around 2 to 3 minutes)
- Repeat with remaining mixture
Serve: Warm with some butter
Makes: approx. 30 small pikelets